This wonderful image is from the Indonesian artist Ferdi Rizkiyanto. What it shows has a lot in common with Radical Joy for Hard Times:
- It's important to look deep into the "hidden" places where ecological devastation often goes ignored or undetected.
- When you do look there, it doesn't have to be with the eyes of an expert. You can bring a child's sense of wonder to the process.
- Beneath the beauty, the Earth is wounded.
- Beneath the wounds, the Earth is beautiful.
- You never know what you're going to encounter when you look beyond the obvious.
- There are all kinds of ways that you can make beauty out of the non-beautiful.